What some people will do for money these days. According to the Chicago Sun Times, another twist in the mystery of the poisoned lottery winner, a lawyer representing the widow has produced documents that show two thirds of the deceased North side businessman’s $2 million estate goes to the widow. Attorney Al-Haroon Husain found an agreement that the deceased signed before death stipulating his wife in the even of his death would get his interest in the dry cleaning operation. The agreement was signed on May 2 said Husain who is representing the wife in a pending court case to divvy up the assets and winning lottery ticket of her deceased husband. Money always complicates things, doesn’t it? The brother of the deceased doesn’t believe the documents authenticity and find it highly suspicious that the document appears now. Her husband, Urooj Khan the man in question, hit the jackpot weeks after signing the agreement and was found dead July 20 of cyanide poisoning. The homicide has caused family tension and made international headlines after his body was exhumed to determine how the cyanide got in his system. His brother, Imtiaz Khan, claims that the only child of the deceased is being excluded from any inheritance according to court papers. The matter is further complicated because there is no will. While the estate is valued at $2 million, Husain argues that the business and real estate combined at $1.32 million can no longer be included since they belong to the wife, Ansari. That means the estate is only worth $680,000 which includes the lottery win, so without a will state law dictates that the two survivors, wife and daughter, must split the estate. When told Khan’s brother brushed off the validity of the agreement, Husain, said that it’s legal and he wrote it himself. However, Husain questions why the deceased decided to ink the agreement and list heirs which is typically done in a will. The medical examiner initially ruled his death natural with hardening of the arteries, but on the urging of a relative to re-examine the body, the medical examiner changed it to a homicide in November when he determined from a toxicology report that it was cyanide poisoning. As to how the cyanide got into his system, perhaps by inhaling or eating something tainted with the poison. Test results are expected next week. No arrest have been made and no suspects have been identified. Ansari denies any involvement in her husband’s death. She has said that the night before he died, she made him dinner, he went to bed, and fell sick in the night then was pronounced dead early the next morning at Evanston hospital. Who to believe? This sounds like something out of a lifetime movie.
In North Charleston, South Carolina, scientist may have pieced together the mystery behind the confederate sub H.L. Hunley that sank with its crew and never resurfaced. The historical significance is not only related to the Civil war but was the first sub in history to sink an enemy warship. Scientist believe that the Hunley was less than 20 feet ways from the Housatonic when the torpedo the crew ignited sank the Union blockade off South Caroline in 1864. The explosion was close enough to knock the crew unconscious long enough to cause them to drown before awakening. The discovery was based on an examination of the iron pole in front of the hand crank sub that held the torpedo. The sub was finally found in 1995, raised five years later and taken to North Charleston to be conserved. The copper metal sleeve found on the spar is an indication according to the conservator Mardikian that the torpedo was attached to the end of the spar which showed signs of deformities indicating an explosion. The crew was found seated in the sub when it was raised adding to the theory that the crew had been knocked out by a concussion of an explosion near by according to Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell, a member of the South Carolina Hunley Commission. The final answer will come when the encrustation from the outer hull is removed. Scientist will arrange for a computer simulation and small models to be used to recreate the attack and more importantly tell what effects the explosion had on the sub.
This story gets stranger and stranger. Veteran actor, Robert Wagner 82, has declined numerous times to cooperate with the renewed investigation into the 1981 death of his wife, Natalie Wood. Wagner’s attorney responded by saying that her client has complied with the investigation form the beginning and has no further information to offer. Lt. Corina of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office says that Wagner has changed his story over the years. Her death is shrouded in mystery and at the time investigator could only come to the conclusion that her death was an accidental drowning. The actress had been boating with her then husband Wagner and actor Christopher Walken prior to her death. When her body was found floating in the water mile away from the boat, her body was covered in bruises. The case reopened in 2011 after the boat’s captain, Dennis Davern, came forward to say that Wagner and his wife were fighting prior to her death which Wagner admitted to. Right now, the police have no suspects and Wagner is not considered one at this time. The death has now been ruled “undetermined.” Wagner is still the only person on the boat from that night who has not spoke to detectives about that night in this new inquiry.
Very interesting mystery altogether. In a newly revised autopsy, the LA County Coroner says that Natalie Wood had bruises and scratches on her arm, wrist and neck before she entered the ocean off Catalina Island and drowned in 1981. The report has reignited speculation that her death was not an accident as the supplemental report details much more than the original since the Sheriff’s Department learns of the new inquiry. The revised report findings now state that it was a “drowning and other undetermined factors” and the manner of death was changed. “Since there are many unanswered questions and limited additional evidence available for evaluation, it is opined by this Medical Examiner that the manner of death should be left as undetermined,” the report says. It is still unclear whether Wood fell off the boat or was pushed. The full details of the report were released Monday. The case was reopened after Dennis Davern, captain of Wagner’s 60 foot yacht, stepped forward to say that Wood disappeared after she and her husband Wagner had an explosive fight which Wagner allegedly shouted “Get off my f—— boat!” In the new report released Monday, the distress call from Wagner’s boat came an hour and a half after the time Wood was dead and there are conflicting statement as to when Wood went missing and whether the two fought. The sherriff’s spokesman has said that Wood’s twice-wed husband Robert Wagner was not a suspect.
Very interesting article. I have always wondered about the mystery of Stonehenge. This helps to answer a lot of the mysteries that surround the heavy stones and their origins. Read this and you will be surprised too. What do you think?