Wow this is scary and what is scarier is the fact that the family is still using the water to bath in which is even more dangerous. A few weeks ago, an Ohio family was shocked that their water caught on fire NBC News reported Friday. Debby Kline said she lit a candle near the faucet that set off a huge explosion and blasted the sink into the ceiling. She noticed the water was fizzing and came to find out that their is dangerously high levels of methane from a natural gas company drilling never the home six months ago. The gas must have seeped into the well when the ground was disturbed by the drilling. The purchase pf a methane filter costs around $8,000, so for now the Klines drink bottled water, but still bathe in the water from the tap. The methane in drinking water itself is not usually harmful but the built up of it in the air especially in poorly ventilated or confined areas is extremely dangerous. The other danger according to the Water System Council is that methane can asphyxiate or cause other health problems in humans.
I don’t know about this family, but I would sue the company that was drilling because it is not only harmful to these people who lived there before the ruling but the environment such as well water and animals that live there. This family needs to do something because if they stay there then something bad is going to happen because of the built up in gas.